Children’s Charities was founded by Amanda White and Lauren Holmes, two businesswomen who sought to make a difference in the community in which they live –North Fulton and South Forsyth. Originally founding the group Milton Friends of Children’s Healthcare, they developed the current 501c3 to ensure the funds stay in their community. The organization is 100% volunteer-driven and dedicated to supporting and developing programs that enrich children’s lives in our area. Our efforts are ever increasing spreading in the area, which now includes Cherokee, Cobb, Dawson and Pickens counties.
Examples of our team’s successes include:
- Provided $300,000 for the dedicated Emergency Transport Vehicle at Children’s Health Care of Atlanta, Forsyth
- Raised nearly $50,000 needed for an eye tracking device that can detect autism in kids as early as 2 months-old
- Raised $63,000 to establish a fully funded Equine Summer Camp for kids with Autism at Stable Moments
- Provided over $80,000 of state-of-the-art Vein Viewers for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Urgent Care Centers
- Raised over $130,000 with the Clarity Farm Showcase Home and Tour for the All Inclusive Play Park being donated to the City of Milton
- Provided cell phone charging stations for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Urgent Care Centers throughout the state
- Supplies Thanksgiving dinners to 25 needy families annually
- Sponsored monthly lunches for Stand Up for Kids, a mentoring program for foster kids at Independence High School
- Supports Cure Childhood Cancer
- Sponsor of City of Milton’s Camp Joyful Souls
To inspire volunteerism within our community focusing on children with special needs.
To provide an All Inclusive Play Park serving children of all abilities and disabilities in North Fulton and surrounding counties.