Children’s Charities was founded by Amanda White and Lauren Holmes, two businesswomen who sought to make a difference in the community in which they live –North Fulton & South Forsyth. Originally founding the group Milton Friends of Children’s Healthcare, they developed the current 501c3 to ensure the funds stay in their community. The organization is 100% volunteer-driven and dedicated to supporting and developing programs that enrich children’s lives in our area. Our efforts are ever increasing spreading in the area, which now includes Cherokee, Cobb and Dawson Counties.
Examples of our team’s successes include:
- Provided $300,000 for the dedicated Emergency Transport Vehicle at Children’s Health Care of Atlanta, Forsyth
- Raised nearly $50,000 needed for an eye tracking device that can detect autism in kids as early as 2 months-old
- Raised $63,000 to establish a fully funded Equine Summer Camp for kids with Autism at Stable Moments
- Purchased four state of the art Vein Viewers for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Urgent Care Centers
- Provided cell phone charging stations for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Urgent Care Center
- Supplied Thanksgiving dinners to 25 needy families
- Sponsored lunches for Stand Up for Kids, a mentoring program for foster kids at Independence High School
- Supported Cure Childhood Cancer.
To inspire volunteerism within our community focusing on children with special needs.
To provide an All Inclusive Play Park serving children of all abilities and disabilities in North Fulton and surrounding counties.